The award-winning Freedom In Christ Discipleship Course is a proven and effective way for churches to help Christians become fruitful disciples. It’s been used by around 200,000 people in the UK.
It will be held on Wednesdays 7.30pm to 9.30pm at The Hub and repeated on Thursdays 2.30pm to 4.00pm at MBC.
- Session 1 – ‘Where did I come from?’ Wed 7th May (The Hub); Thu 8th May (MBC)
- Session 2 – ‘Who am I now?’ Wed 14th May (The Hub); Thu 15th May (MBC)
- Session 3 – ‘Choosing to believe the truth’ Wed 4th June (The Hub); Thu 5th June (MBC)
- Session 4 – ‘The world’s view of truth’ Wed 11th June (The Hub); Thu 12th June (MBC)
- Session 5 – ‘Our daily choice’ Wed 18th June (The Hub); Thu 19th June (MBC – to be confirmed)
- Session 6 – ‘Demolishing strongholds’ Wed 25th June (The Hub); Thu 26th June (MBC)
- Session 7 – ‘The battle for our minds’ Wed 2nd July (The Hub); Thu 3rd July (MBC)
- Session 8 & 9 – Sunday 6th July at MBC 3.00 to 4.00pm ‘Handling emotions well’? & 4.30 to 5.30pm ‘Forgiving from the heart’
- Session 10 – ‘Walking in freedom every day’ Wed 9th July (The Hub); Thu 10th July (MBC)
- Session 11 – ‘Relating to others’ Wed 23rd July (The Hub); Thu 24th July (MBC)
Rev Andrew McCausland will be leading the sessions, but they will be participative and interactive so bring your bibles and notebooks. Come with an expectation and desire to grow. There will be opportunities for prayer ministry and everyone will be encouraged to develop small ‘triplets’ which will offer support, care, encouragement and accountability between sessions.
Through faith in his victory on the cross over sin, death and the devil, Jesus Christ has set us free from these things and offers to us life in abundance – Jesus said the truth would set us free. However, sometimes we don’t feel free and many suffer from low self esteem, habitual sin, negative thoughts, fears, unforgiveness or condemnation. Many are bogged down by the cares of life. The Freedom in Christ course is not a quick fix but it will help us lay some good, biblical foundations for our life of discipleship; it will remind us of the truths that set us free; and it will help us develop some spiritual habits (or disciplines) which will help us build a new life in Christ.